The Outing Festival LGBT+ Matchmaking & Music Festival: Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions.
EMcGPR is a registered company name in Ireland; Company number: 457144.
Our main trading address is The Digital Hub, Thomas St, Dublin 8, Ireland and our VAT number is IE 5342720N.
If you have any queries about material which appears on our website please contact [email protected]
Thank you for visiting our website.
Terms & Conditions
This website at www.theouting.ie (“our website”) is operated by EMcGPR Company (“The Outing” or “We” or “www.theoutingfestival.com”).
Section 1 of these terms and conditions sets out the terms that apply to all tickets purchased from The Outing whether in person, by telephone or online.
Section 2 of these terms sets out the additional terms that apply to tickets purchased from the Outing online.
These terms and conditions apply to tickets for performances and events, and package tickets to the festival which include accommodation, and references in these terms to the word performance will herein be defined as a singular act or activity taking place within the festival.
1: Terms applying to all tickets purchased from The Outing
- 1.1 Refunds, Resale and Cancellation Policy:
- 1.1.1 Your ticket shall only be refunded in the event that the festival is cancelled. Details of our Ticket Exchange and Resale Policy are set out below.
- 1.1.2 In the event of a cancelled performance or a performance that has to be abandoned, we shall have no liability for any expenses whatsoever incurred by you.
- 1.1.3 Reselling your ticket for profit or commercial use, shall render it void.
- 1.1.4 We reserve the right to make alterations to the advertised details for the performance at short notice (for example performer’s changes). In these instances The Outing is not obliged to refund the price of your ticket or exchange for another performance.
- 1.1.5 The ticket holder is responsible for care of the tickets after purchase. The promoters, performers, sponsors, venues, ticket vendors or their agents are not responsible for damage to or loss of the ticket.
- 1.1.6 Tickets cannot be replaced if lost. The Outing reserves the right not to issue replacement tickets in place of lost, stolen or destroyed tickets at its discretion.
- 1.2 Ticket exchange and resale
- 1.2.1 We cannot exchange tickets for The Outing Festival received at The Outing Festival Office in advance of the performance, for either rooms at the same price or a credit on account.
- 1.2.2 You may ask The Outing Festival Office to resell tickets for The Outing Festival but we cannot guarantee a resale and we reserve the right to sell remaining tickets before returned tickets. This service is offered and will be charged €20.00 per resold ticket.
- 1.3 Ticket discounts
- 1.3.1 All ticket discounts are subject to limited availability and at the discretion of The Outing Festival Office. Discounted tickets cannot be booked in conjunction with or combined with any other reductions or offers.
- 1.4 Rules of admission
- 1.4.1 You need a valid paper email confirmation (The Outing Ticket) which must be produced on arrival in order to enter the Hotel/Festival.
- 1.4.2 The Outing Ticket remains at all times the exclusive property of The Outing.
- 1.4.3 Please check carefully the hotel, date and time printed on the front of your Outing Ticket as mistakes cannot always be rectified after the booking has been confirmed.
- 1.4.4 The advertised running time of a performance may change; please check with The Outing Festival Office on the day of the performance.
- 1.4.5 We reserve the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances or to request any ticket holder to leave the festival and shall take any appropriate action to enforce this right.
- 1.4.6 To ensure our audience safety The Outing may conduct occasional security searches which may include searching your personal belongings at any time during the festival.
- 1.4.7 On rare occasions the performance or public areas may be filmed, sound recorded or photographed. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming, sound recording and/or photography of yourself as a member of the audience and possible subsequent broadcasts/publication. All rights in such filming, sound recording and photography shall vest in The Outing.
- 1.4.8 We bear no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your personal property whilst at the venue/festival.
- 1.4.9 The unauthorised use of cameras, videos or any other sort of audio or visual recording equipment is strictly forbidden unless prior consent is given by The Outing.
- 1.4.10 With any effects utilised in productions/events or activities such as: strobe lighting, smoke effects (including smoking on stage), loud bangs and gunshots, The Outing bears no responsibility or liability for any injury or distress caused as a result of these effects.
- 1.5 Health and Safety
- 1.5.1 For Health & Safety reasons, wheelchair users are not permitted to transfer into fixed seating.
- 1.5.2 The Outing is committed to minimising the risk to the health and safety of everyone associated with it.
- 1.5.3 Health and Safety of customers/festival goers at each venue will be the responsibility of venue’s own management and staff.
- 1.6 Drinking and Misuse of illegal substances
- 1.6.1 We encourage everyone at The Outing to drink responsibly while participating in our events. Participants and guests should be aware that it is dangerous to abuse alcohol and other drugs.
- 1.6.2 You may not take drinks in glasses into the outside areas. Plastic cups are available for any cold drinks and may be taken in.
- 1.6.3 The Outing reserves the right to take disciplinary action which may include expulsion from the Festival in the instance of abuse of alcohol and any illegal substances.
2: Additional Terms applying to ticket purchases from the Outing website
- 2.1 Information about purchasing tickets from the Outing website
- 2.1.1 The website at www.theouting.ie (“our Website”) is owned by “The Outing”.
- 2.1.2 This page and any documents referred to on it set out the terms and conditions on which we supply tickets to you from our website. Please read these terms carefully before ordering any tickets from our Website.
- 2.1.3 You will need to click the box denoting your understanding of these terms in the course of your purchase of Tickets to confirm your acceptance of these terms. By doing so, you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t accept these terms, you will not be able to order any Tickets from our website.
- 2.2 Payment details, prices & delivery
- 2.2.1 The price of any Tickets will be as quoted on our Website, except in cases of obvious error.
- 2.2.2 The prices include any Value Added Tax (VAT) applicable, but excludes any booking fees. Per transaction there will be a mandatory booking fee which will be clearly displayed when booking the tickets.
- 2.2.3 You must be over 18 years of age to purchase Tickets.
- 2.2.4 Payment for all Tickets must be by credit or debit card. We accept all major credit and debit cards, with the exception of American Express and Diner’s Club cards and we will not charge your credit or debit card until we confirm your order.
- 2.2.5 Ticket confirmation will be emailed to you after your purchase.
- 2.2.6 We will use our best efforts to email ticket confirmation to you within 7 days of you making a booking, although there may be instances where for security or other reasons we are only able to dispatch Tickets in the weeks immediately prior to the performance or where we require you to collect your Tickets in person. Where this is the case, we will inform you at the time of booking or by email.
3: How the contract is formed between you and us
- 3.1 A contract will be formed as soon as payment is confirmed and accepted. You will receive a confirmation email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that tickets are subject to availability and payment will not be accepted if tickets are unavailable.
- 3.2 The Contract will relate only to those Tickets indicated in the confirmation email. We will not be obliged to supply any other tickets which may have been part of your order until acceptance of your order for those tickets has been confirmed in a separate acknowledgement email.
4: Links & Disclaimer
- We may provide links on our Website to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot accept any liability for tickets you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our Website. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction and we may disclose your customer information related to that transaction to the third party seller in order for the transaction to proceed.
5: Our refunds, resale and cancellation policy
- For our policy on refunds, please see Section 1 of these terms.
6: Our liability
- 6.1 Our liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the Tickets you have purchased.
- 6.2 In the event that a performance has to be cancelled or abandoned part way through, we will not be liable for expenses whatsoever incurred by you.
- 6.3 We accept no liability for any indirect, special or consequential losses whatsoever, including (for example) loss of profits, revenue, contracts, data or goodwill.
- 6.4 These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- 6.5 Nothing in these terms limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit, or attempt to limit, our liability.
7: Written communications
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our Website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This section does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given to the Outing at EMcGPR The Digital Hub, Thomas St, Dublin 8, Ireland or by email to [email protected] We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in section 7 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter (as the case maybe). In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
9: Events outside our control
- 9.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control “Force Majeure Event”.
- 9.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes (as well as others) such things as terrorist attack, fire, flood or natural disaster, epidemics, impossibility of the use of means of public or private transport, or public or private telecommunications networks or the threat of any of these things.
- 9.3 If a Force Majeure Event occurs, we may have to cancel a performance or abandon it and our obligations to you are deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. Please note section 6.2 above.
10: Other Matters
- 10.1 We reserve the right to transfer, assign, charge, and sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any Contract at any time.
- 10.2 If we fail to exercise any of our rights under any Contract, this will not amount to a waiver by us of those rights.
- 10.3 If any part of these terms and conditions or of any Contract is unenforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part.
- 10.4 We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract.
- 10.5 Part 1 and Part 2 of these terms, together with any document referred to in these terms, constitute the whole agreement between you and us.
- 11.1 We reserve the right to unilaterally revise these terms and conditions of use at any time by amending this document. You should check this document from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made as any said changes shall be binding on you from the time they are made.
- 11.2 Any Contract will be subject to the terms in force at the time that you order Tickets from us, unless any change to these terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it may apply to orders previously placed by you).
12: Law & Jurisdiction
- These terms and Contracts for the purchase of Tickets through our website will be governed by Irish law. Any dispute over or claims arising from these terms or any Contracts will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts, although we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for breaking these terms or any Contract in your jurisdiction of residence or any other relevant jurisdiction.